Underwood Heirs Tract
It isn’t often that a well-managed timber property of this caliber and with this much potential is offered for sale. There is excellent access throughout the property. The planted pine stand containing 210 acres was established in 1995, using Weyerhaeuser seedlings and following a site prep burn in 1994. The first thinning was made in 2012, which has opened the stand up and improved the growth rate. This stand will be ready for a second thinning in 2 – 4 years. The acreage in Lee County was direct seeded with Loblolly Pine seeds in 1994. Open pines and creeks through property provide great habitat for deer and turkey. Multiple food plots located on tract. Property is currently leased for hunting. Boundary lines were painted with purple paint in 2014.
- Address: Underwood Road
- City: Carthage, NC 28327
- Parcel ID: Moore – 0006704, Lee – 960019959500
- Deed: Moore – 441/480, Lee – 297/241
- Tax Value: $391,800 (both counties)
- 2016 Tax Bill: $493.68 (both counties) in PUV program for reduced taxes
- Best Use: Timber Management/Hunting/Recreation
- Current Use: Timber Management
- Topography: Rolling
- Access: Approximately 4,000 feet of road frontage on Underwood Road
From Carthage, take US 15-501 N for 0.8 miles. Take slight left onto Priest Hill Rd and follow for 1.6 miles. Turn right onto Old River Rd and follow for 5.3 miles until it ends at Underwood Rd. Turn left and follow for 0.2 miles. Property will be on the right. Look for sign.
$765,000 ($3,000 / acre)