Edna Joy Short Tract
Excellent property for personal residence, retreat, investment or recreational property. Wonderful location with easy access to US Hwy 1 between Southern Pines and Carthage. Well managed timber stands. Property has 28+/- acres of 9 year-old planted longleaf pine, 33+/- acres of 14 year-old planted loblolly pine, 12+/- acres of mature natural loblolly and longleaf pine, and a 2.5+/- acre pond. Rolling terrain, sand hills, and pond provide excellent view for retreat or permanent residence.
- Assessed on tax records as:
- Edna Joy Short, deceased
- Address: Cook Road
- City: Carthage, NC 28327
- Parcel ID: 0006065
- PIN: 857600065721
- Deed: Book 4117, Page 213
- Plat: Book 13, Page 6
- Tax Value: $371,440
- 2016 Tax Bill: $148.88
- Best Use: Residential/Timber Management/Recreation/Wildlife
- Current Use: Timber Management
- Topography: Rolling sandhills
- Access: 4,575+/-ft of road frontage on Cook Road and 675+/-ft of road frontage on Jody Road.
- Zoning: Residential-Agriculture
From Carthage, take US 15-501 south for 1.9 miles. Turn right onto Legion Hut Road, and take first left after 300ft to stay on Legion Hut Road. Follow Legion Hut Road 0.1 mile, and turn right onto Summer Hill Church Road. After 1 mile, turn left onto Cook Road. Look for sign.
$330,000 ($4,349.60 / acre)