Aubrey F Morgan Trust Tract Clear-Cut. Bid Date: 10/18/2018 at 11a.m. – SOLD
Sale Date: 10/18/2018 at 11 AM
Having been employed by Aubrey F Morgan Trust, we solicit bids on 44+/- clear-cut acres and 3+/- select-cut SMZ acres shown on the attached map, located in Hertford County, North Carolina.
We have made a 9.5% estimate of the pulpwood size trees to be harvested. Our estimate of their volume is:
Soft Hardwood: 56
Hard Hardwood: 28
We have made a 9.5% estimate of the sawtimber size trees to be harvested in the clear-cut area and a 100% tree count of the timber to be harvested from the select-cut streamside management zones. Our estimate of their volume is:
Loblolly Pine: 484,700
White Oak: 2,200
Red Oak: 7,600
Misc. HW: 100
Volumes are given in cords for pulpwood, Scribner Scale board feet for pine, and Doyle Scale board feet for hardwood.
The above volumes are not guaranteed; however, care was taken in the field to assemble the enclosed tables. You should note how your utilization practices might vary from the above and make any necessary adjustments.
- A period of time until October 30, 2020 will be allowed to cut and remove the timber.
- Timber sale boundaries are flagged with pink-glo flagging. SMZ boundaries are flagged with orange SMZ flagging.
- Only blue marked sawtimber size trees shall be cut within the Streamside Management Zones (SMZ’s).
- The load deck must be located out of the SMZ buffer and inside the clear-cut area.
- All roads must be maintained and restored to their original condition upon completion of logging. Any newly constructed roads and log decks must be left in a graded condition upon completion of logging.
- All logging operations must be in conducted in accordance with the guidelines set out in the Best Management Practices Manual of the North Carolina Forest Service and any other applicable local, state or federal regulations concerning harvesting of timber.
- No tops or laps will be allowed to remain in streams, fields, forest roads, road right-of-ways or over property boundaries. They must be pulled back immediately.
- No painted or flagged boundary line trees shall be cut, unless marked for cutting.
- Buyer shall be responsible for removal of all trash (cans, bottles, paper, etc.) from loading decks and for any contamination of the property by fuel, grease or oil spills.
- TMMOC reserves the right to stop harvesting operations if, in its sole opinion, excessive rutting or damage to the property is occurring. Buyer will be responsible for repairing any excessively rutted surfaces.
- Buyer or logging contractor must maintain workman’s compensation insurance and a minimum of $1 Million general liability insurance.
- Buyer must assume all risks incident to timber harvesting and shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Sellers and the Seller’s agent, Timber Marketing & Management of the Carolinas, Inc., from and against loss of or damage to property of the Seller, Agent or others and injuries to or death of all persons resulting from the Buyer’s timber harvesting operations.
- Prior to the start of logging, Buyer shall deliver to TMMOC a performance bond in the amount of $1,000.00 made payable to Timber Marketing & Management of the Carolinas, Inc. This performance bond shall be retained by TMMOC in a non-interest bearing account and may be used by TMMOC, on behalf of the Seller, to perform any act required to be done by the Buyer, under the terms of this contract. In the event TMMOC/Seller uses any portion of the performance bond, Buyer shall restore the performance bond to its full amount immediately upon demand by the Seller. Any unused portion of the performance bond shall be returned to Buyer within 10 days following the completion of a satisfactory final logging inspection. The amount of the performance bond shall not be deemed a limitation on Buyer’s liability for damages.
- Buyer will notify Timber Marketing & Management at least 24 hours prior to the start of logging operations and when operations are suspended or terminated.
Only sealed bids will be accepted, and owners reserve the right to reject any or all bids. BIDS SHOULD BE MAILED TO: Aubrey F Morgan Trust, c/o Timber Marketing & Management of the Carolinas, Inc., P. O. Box 97803, Raleigh, NC 27624-7803 or hand delivered to Suite 101, 800 Salem Woods Drive, Raleigh, NC 27615 or they may be telephoned in prior to the time of bid opening. Bids may also be faxed to 919-848-2230. Bids must be made on a lump-sum basis and must be received at this address not later than 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, October 18, 2018.
Thomas Rudd, Forester