About Edwin E. Orr
Upon graduation from Clemson University in 1976, Edwin was employed by James M. Vardaman & Company, a large consulting forestry firm based out of Jackson, Mississippi. He worked as a Woods Supervisor in Mississippi and South Carolina and then was appointed Branch Manager of the Macon, Georgia office, which he managed for two years. In 1980 Edwin was promoted to Vice President and made a member of the board of directors. He moved to North Carolina and was responsible for all forest management activities, timber sales and real estate sales for eight branch offices throughout South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia. This experience provided Edwin with a broad background of forest management knowledge, as well as the necessary business management knowledge he needed to start his own business.
Utilizing this experience, Edwin opened an office of Timber Marketing & Management, Inc., in Raleigh, NC in 1989. This was a joint venture with a partner, Steve Lindberg, in Chesterfield, VA. They operated as a regional consulting forestry firm in the Carolinas and Virginia. In 1992, the partnership was divided and Edwin became the sole owner of Timber Marketing & Management of the Carolinas, Inc., offering consulting forestry and real estate sales in North Carolina and South Carolina.
At Timber Marketing & Management of the Carolinas, Inc., Edwin continues to utilize his extensive forest management and real estate experience working with both private and corporate timberland owners. Edwin assists clients in maximizing their timberland investment returns through timber management, wildlife management, timber sales and real estate sales.
Edwin is a registered forester in three states, NC, SC and GA. He earned a Certified Forester (CF) designation in 1996 through experience and additional continuing education in the forestry field. Edwin also earned the coveted Accredited Land Consultant (ALC) designation from Realtors Land Institute and the National Association of Realtors in 2005. He was the first consulting forester in North Carolina to obtain both The CF and ALC designations.
Edwin is an avid outdoorsman, who credits his father for inspiring his interest in the outdoors, taking him out fishing, hunting and camping at the age of five. His hobbies include boating, hunting and fishing. His hunting and fishing experiences have taken him across the United States, Alaska, Canada, Mexico and to South America and South Africa. He is a past president of the Wake County Wildlife Club and a member of their board of directors. He has also assisted in the management of the Dixie Deer Classic in many different roles since 1981, including treasurer, assistant manager, hiring speakers and deer displays. Edwin is also a past President of the NC Triangle Chapter of Safari Club International, serving as chapter president for two terms.
Qualifications for Edwin E. Orr
- Accredited Land Consultant ALC (2005)
- Registered Forester RF: NC, SC & GA
- Certified Forester CF (1996)
- Licensed Real Estate Broker: NC, SC & VA
- Clemson University 1976 – Received Bachelor of Science Degree in Forest Management with additional emphasis in wildlife management
- Fulfillment of annual continuing education requirements by North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia Real Estate Commissions
- Fulfillment of annual continuing education requirements by North Carolina and South Carolina Board of Registration for Foresters
- Fulfillment of 90 hours of continuing education in forest management every 3 years to maintain certification as a “Certified Forester”
- Society of American Foresters
- Realtors® Land Institute RLI
- Raleigh-Wake Board of Realtors®
- National Association of Realtors®
- Raleigh Regional Association of Realtors®
- North Carolina Association of Realtors®
- Forest Landowners Association
- North Carolina – #477
- South Carolina – #675
- Georgia – #1365
Licensed Real Estate Broker
- North Carolina – #61855
- South Carolina – #245908191
- Virginia – #25769
Community Service Affiliations
- Past President of Wake County Wildlife Club
- Past President of North Carolina Chapter of Safari Club International